The best part of fall is pumpkin. From adding small accents around your home to pumpkin flavored goodies, pumpkin can do no wrong. These small little touches will add warmth and character to your house when entertaining throughout fall.
- Spray adhesive
- Mini pumpkins
- Gold leafing
- Painters tape
- Sponge brush
- Lay the newspaper on your work surface to prevent making a mess, then wrap the painters tape around the middle of the pumpkin, covering the bottom half.
- Lightly coat one section of the pumpkin with spray adhesive.
- Press the gold foil down on sticky section of the pumpkin, gently patting with the dry sponge brush. Then slowly peel back the wax paper- leaving only the gold foil.
- Continue steps two and three on the entire top half of the pumpkin, filling in all the grooves. Then carefully peel off the tape and, using the same dry sponge brush, pat down the gold foil to ensure it lies flat.
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 oz) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream
- pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Line a 13X9" baking pan with parchment paper leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter.
- With your fingers press the crust on the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside while making the filling.
- In the mixing bowl of your stand-up mixer, add the cream cheese and sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Spoon half of the mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- To the remaining cream cheese mixture add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- With a wire whisk stir until smooth. Carefully, spoon over mixture in pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until just set. Turn off the oven and leave the door ajar allowing the cheesecake to slowly cool down for about 1 hour or so.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into bars.
- Top each bar with whipped cream and a dust of pumpkin pie spice.
Let your vehicle be the talk of any party with the 2015 Cadillac SRX. The SRX Crossover provides a 5-star overall vehicle score for safety so it is sure to keep you safe as the temperature begins to drop. For attractive lease and purchase options visit your local Metroplex Cadillac Dealer today.