Many of us love a good hike. Each community has its unique trails to explore, and with its diverse topography, the best hikes in Texas include some of the best hiking trails in the country.
Featuring desert canyons, crystal-clear waters, and beautiful forests, there’s no shortage of excellent hiking in Texas.
Here are 15 of the best hiking trails in Texas:
- Lighthouse Trail, Palo Duro Canyon State Park
- Santa Elena Canyon Trail, Big Bend National Park
- Gorman Falls Trail, Colorado Bend State Park
- The Lone Star Hiking Trail, Sam Houston National Forest
- Guadalupe Peak Trail, Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Lost Maples East Trail Loop, Lost Maples State Natural Area
- South Rim Trail, Big Bend National Park
- Mount Ol’ Baldy Trail, Garner State Park
- Caprock Canyons Trailway, Caprock Canyons State Park
- Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area
- Palmetto Trail, Palmetto State Park
- Trail to Del Rio Rock Paintings, Seminole Canyon State Park
- Cross Timbers Trail, Lake Texoma
- The Madera Canyon Trail
- Eagle Mountain Lake Park Trail
Get all the details here.