Powerful and efficient engine provides dynamic driving experience.
Escalade performance is highlighted by the powerful and efficient 6.2L V-8 engine, rated at an SAE-certified 420 horsepower (313 kW) and 460 lb-ft of torque (623 Nm).
The 6.2L features state-of-the-art technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and continuously variable valve timing. Precisely controlled combustion enables Escalade to run with a high compression ratio, which delivers great power and efficiency.
The engine is matched to an eight-speed automatic transmission with TapShift control. The GM-developed automatic transmission has a 7.0 overall gear ratio spread that provides a numerically higher first gear ratio, helping drivers start off more confidently with a heavy load or when trailering. The eight-speed also enables a numerically low 3.23 axle ratio, which reduces engine rpm on the highway – an attribute that contributes to fuel economy and quietness.
Escalade’s performance is channeled to a sophisticated chassis and suspension system, engineered for a great feeling of solidity and a smooth, quiet ride. A fully boxed frame – composed of more than 75 percent high-strength steel – is the foundation for its ride quality.
Chassis and suspension highlights include:
- Shear-style body mounts, which reduce body shake and enhance the feeling of structural stiffness, improve damping performance when compared with previous compression mounts
- A cross-axis ball joint on the frame-side of the rear suspension lateral link that enhances steering precision
- Third-generation Magnetic Ride Control is standard, with two selectable modes. Its dual-electric-coil design enabled engineers to tune with more resolution to handle quickly changing road conditions.
- Electric variable-assist power steering system enhances fuel economy and tailors steering assist to vehicle speed
- Four-wheel-disc brake system with Duralife™ brake rotors that offer up to double the service life
- Standard automatic locking rear differential that provides greater traction when needed and greater driving comfort when it’s not.
The available four-wheel-drive system enables the driver to select an Auto mode for set-it-and-forget-it automatic activation. When conditions call for extra traction assist, a separate 4 HI mode offers the most capability for more challenging conditions. Drivers can select 2 HI for best fuel economy, or 4 L for heavy duty trailering and a Neutral for dingy towing.