Almost every exterior panel on the Cadillac ATS-V is unique, from the fascias and fenders, to the hood, rear spoiler and rocker moldings – and every one was designed to support the car’s capability, contributing to lift reduction, enhanced cooling, and improved aero performance. Like the Cadillac CTS-V super sedan, the ATS-V sedan and coupe sport an athletic stance, wide body and low height, but the unique ATS dimensions contribute to even-greater, scalpel-like driving dynamics.
The unique elements include:
- A lightweight carbon fiber hood features an air-extracting vent that not only pulls hot air out of the engine compartment, but helps reduce lift at speed by channeling air pulled through the radiator out and over the top of car rather than allowing trapped air to exit under the car
- Unique front and rear fascias provide optimal aero performance, with larger grille openings in the front fascia to feed more air to the new twin-turbocharged engine. Even the mesh pattern of the signature grille openings is enlarged to allow more air into the radiator and multiple heat exchangers
- A front splitter enhances handling by forcing air to push down on the front of the car rather than flow under it, where it can cause lift
- Wider front fenders to accommodate 18-inch wheels that are wrapped with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
- The alloy wheels, unique to the V-Series, are constructed of a low-mass forging that helps reduce un-sprung weight for greater agility and a more direct feel to steering inputs
- The rocker moldings and rear spoiler are aero-optimized.
An available, all-carbon fiber package takes aero performance and mass optimization to higher levels. It includes a more aggressive front splitter, hood vent trim, and rear diffuser, along with composite rocker extension panels and a taller, body-color rear spoiler. The exposed carbon fiber components are book-matched on the centerline for a precise, tailored appearance.
An available track package includes the components of the Carbon Fiber package, plus the Performance Data Recorder and a low-mass battery. It also deletes the standard floor mats and tire inflator kit to save weight.
Colors offered for 2017 include Velocity Red, Vector Blue Metallic, Black Raven, Red Obsession Tintcoat, Phantom Gray Metallic, Crystal White Tricoat and Radiant Silver Metallic.
The 18-inch lightweight, forged alloy wheels come in three finishes: premium painted, polished with Midnight Silver painted pockets and full, After Midnight premium painted.
Available Red or Dark Gold Brembo brake calipers accent the ATS-V’s performance capability with style.